Thursday, April 23, 2009

Rant: Bad Drivers!


Well where do I begin when it comes to bad drivers? I'll start by simply saying that if you've been in several car accidents where you're at fault, you've been honked at more then 3 times in a day, and have been pulled over too many times to count, you should probably not be on the road. Bad drivers are frustrating and need to realize their bad driving skills and habits. Slow drivers are painful to drive behind especially when they drive 30km/h on the main roads or on highways, its not a school zone! I'm not encouraging speeding but at least drive the posted speed limit, not too much under but at the same time not too much over. In my opinion, drivers who drive over the speed limit come off as ignorant and obnoxious. Are they aware of the dangers that exist while driving and do they ask themselves if they're the danger that exists? While driving behind a bad driver I sometimes wonder how they managed to pass their license in the first place. Did they have these habits to begin with or did they pick them up over the years? From my own experience I have witnessed a situation in which the driver was driving 35 over the speed limit and began to tailgate my vehicle. The driver then proceeded to pass me on a stretch of the highway where passing was not permitted and I thought to myself, what is this person thinking? They sped ahead of me to the point where I couldn't see them in my path anymore. As I drove further down the highway I saw flashing blue and red lights, while sirens pierced my ears. There on the side of the road, sat a wreck, flipped over and mangled, it was a sight like I had never seen before. Had the driver learnt his lesson now? Had other bad drivers that witnessed this accident learnt their lesson?

No comments:

Post a Comment